Board and Officers
A Message from our Chair, Seth Garfield
After an extensive search, I am pleased to announce that John Vasconcellos has joined us as the new President of the Community Foundation of Southeastern Massachusetts.
The board is thrilled to have John join us as the new President to take the Community Foundation to the next level. John is a visionary collaborator and change leader who has extensive not-for-profit and fundraising experience and was chosen from a field of over 80 applicants. His track record shows he steps into an organization and makes measurable and lasting change which is a key quality. Through the generosity of the Carney Family Foundation, the Search Committee had the expert guidance of Janet Atkins of Ridgeway Philanthropy. The committee sorted and ranked the applicants on intellectual leadership, vision, financial acumen and fundraising as well as management experience.
We are grateful to the Search Committee for all of their hard work and know that you are going to find John inspiring as he reaches out to you.
Most recently, John served as Senior Regional Director for the Southeast and Boston regions of The Trustees of Reservations, but many of you may know John from his time with the Buzzards Bay Coalition from 2003-2010.
John came on board full time on August 1. He can be reached at (508) 996-8253 ext. 201, or by email.
I have also listed contact information below on the Foundation’s key staff and Board members and encourage you to contact any of us with concerns. Below is the contact information for staff members:
- Pam Evans, Director of Finance and Administration, (508) 996-8253, ext. 204, firstname.lastname@example.org, for financial and operations questions or concerns;
- Lauren Maher Patrick, Program Officer, or Kristen Irvin, Grants Specialist, (508) 996-8253, ext. 202, email@example.com, for grants, fund transfers, and program questions or concerns;
- Nancy Harding, Communications Director, (508) 996-8253, ext. 203, firstname.lastname@example.org, for media questions, the website, print and e-publications, and special events.
- Megan Boyle, Scholarship Manager, (508) 996-8253, ext. 206, email@example.com, for gifts and deposits, scholarships, and SEEAL questions.
The following Board Members can also be reached with questions or concerns:
- Seth Garfield, Chair, (508) 971-1120, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda Bodenmann, Assistant Clerk, 508-973-5004, BodenmannL@southcoast.org
- Elizabeth Isherwood, Assistant Treasurer, (508) 965-4191, email@example.com
On behalf of the Directors and the Foundation staff, I wish to thank you for your support. The exceptional growth that the Foundation has achieved in but a score of years is attributable to your generosity and belief in our ability to sustain and improve the region’s quality of life. We look forward to hearing from you. We stand ready to join with you in building a stronger and better Community Foundation.
Seth Garfield, Chair